Searching unique names for your baby boy is not just an important task, but it can leave any parent frustrated. Read the Buzzle article for interesting and unique boy names with their meanings.
When parents need to make a decision to name their newborn boy (or girl), it comes as one of the most important decisions they make for him. As names can hold meanings from honoring families to specific traits you’d like to associate with the child, finding a perfect name can be a challenge for some. Today, lots of parents, like celebrity parents, are searching for unique boy names and meanings. Perhaps you may be searching for unique baby boy names as well and now have landed on this article. If so, then let’s not keep you waiting and see some cute, yet uncommon names for boys and name meanings.
What’s in a Name?
Now before we go to the list, there may be some pitfalls, certain mistakes you should be aware of.
- Ensure that the initials of your baby’s name doesn’t spell something weird. For example, Chad Donald Player can become, C. D. Player.
- No names that resemble items, places, things, or even funny comic book characters. For example, Apple, Fifi, Coco, or Memphis.
- Ensure that the first and last name don’t sound as if they are from a different planets altogether. For example, Anne Teak can sound like “antique”.
- Ensure that the first and last names don’t rhyme. For example, Larry Barry, Ferris Terris, or Chase Mace.
- Make sure you don’t give your child a kiddish name. For example, Bunny, Candy, or Missy.
- Ensure you don’t choose a name you don’t really like. For example, celebrity baby names like North, Blue Ivy, Eulala, Assisi, or Banjo.
- Ensure the name you select isn’t tough to spell or pronounce. For example, Xaquelina or Saoirse (pronounced sear-sha, tough huh!)
|Abba||Stern or somber||Arabic|
|Aart||Like an eagle||Christian|
|Aarush||First ray of sun||West Indies|
|Aballach||Father of Modron||Arthurian|
|Cadmus||A man from the east; mythical figure||Greek Mythology|
|Cador||Nephew of Arthur||Arthurian|
|Dabney||Beloved one||Hebrew Christian|
|Eadbert||Name of a king||Anglo-Saxon|
|Fanunni||God has given me this||Nigerian|
|Fagan||The little fiery one||Gaelic|
|Gresham||From the grazeland||Old English|
|Hotah||White (Sioux)||Native American|
|Howi||Turtle dove||Native American|
|Ives||Little Archer||Old English|
|Jermyn||A saint’s name||Cornish|
|Liesel||German form of Elizabeth. “Oath of God”||German|
|Lolonyo||Love is beautiful||Nigerian|
|Marden||From the valley with the pool||Old Engligsh|
|Newell||From the manor||Old English|
|Nicolo||People’s victory||Greek Mythology|
|Obelius||Pillar of strength||Greek Mythology|
|Osmond||A divine protector||Old English|
|Otis||Wealthy; keen of hearing||German; Greek Mythology|
|Paavo||Finnish form of Paul||Finnish|
|Paco||Bald eagle||Native American|
|Philby||Loves horses||Greek Mythology|
|Quasim||One who divides goods among his people||Persian|
|Rance||A kind of Belgian marble||French|
|Sanborn||From the sandy brook||Old English|
|Sasha||Protector of mankind||Greek Mythology|
|Takoda||Friend to everyone||Native American|
|Taksa||A son of Bharat||Hindu|
|Teithi||Mythical son of Gwynham||Celtic Mythology|
|Vaclav||Wreath of glory||Czech|
|Waban||The east wind||American|
|Wuyi||Vulture soaring||Native American|
|Xanto||Blonde haired||Greek Mythology|
|Yates||Gate keeper||Middle English|
|Zenos||A stranger||Greek Mythology|
Perhaps by now you have a pretty decent understanding of these unique boy names that you can select for your sweet darling. As every culture has their own set of names, other cultures around the world are also incorporating them.