Try using a bow to adorn your daughter's hair to add a little variety in the daily dressing up routine. Hair bows come in a lot of variety and you can choose whichever suits your girl and is comfortable for her.
Different kinds of Bows
- A bumble barrette is a French clip adorned with a flower pattern or a hair band embellished with a sequined strawberry, flower, or a bunny. Older girls as well as newborns can wear these bows.
- Bitty bows can even be worn by the newborn babies because these are made on such smooth ribbons that the baby hardly feels it. They are made on alligator pinch clips and are available in various colors and prints. They measure somewhere around 2" to 2½".
- Toddler bows come in all sorts of colors.
- Headband bows can be worn by infants, toddlers, as well as preschool girls who are little older. The bow is carefully placed on the headband that is made of ruffle ribbon, which is 7/8" long and the bow is 3" wide. It can also be made with two layers of ribbon so that there are more loops. You can also buy a korker headband so that the bow looks super fluffy but not frayed.
- Single bows can be simple or you can make them look real gorgeous by adding more loops or by attaching them to a headband. There can be a number of colors that would make them match with most of your baby's outfits.
- Loopy Bows are made of a long ribbon so that they get a loopy look, and they require around 3/8" of ribbon. Even korkers can be added to give a fuller look to the bow.
- School team cheer bows are a good option if your little girl goes to school and acts as a cheer leader for the school team. You can buy a three color scheme one that can be made of korkers or ribbon, or a combination of the two. It would be around 4½" wide. You can either attach it to a French clip or an alligator clip.
- Gymboree Bows are about 4½" and you can buy them as a single bow or a headband set. These can be found in several colors and patterns like pink, orange, blue, and all the rainbow colors, which make the look very cheerful. They can be looped in the pattern of Tiger Love, Bubble fun, or Sugar Cookie.
- Janie and Jack bows are made in line with the Janie and Jack Flair line, and the combination of red and white looks absolutely astounding. They are made with 1½" of ribbon and only the two loops on the top are 7/8".
- Holiday bows and ruffle ribbon hair bows are two other great varieties.
Try out the satin and feathers hair bows or the chiffon hair bows depending on how your baby reacts to these materials as some babies are allergic to the feather hair bows. They get annoyed if something floats across their faces, and it can also be dangerous as they might chew on it or swallow some part of it. So it is better to go for accessories that keep your child hassle-free apart from making her look cute.